It’s been a while… again… I promise, I’ll start posting more often soon!
Today’s post is a recipe that has quickly become an autumn/winter favourite for me, and I hope it does for you! Not only is this butternut squash soup delicious and filling, but it’s healthy at only 133 calories too!
BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1 Large Butternut Squash (or 2 small)
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Optional: 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1. Peel and cube the squash, slice the carrots, and dice the onion.
2. Make up the stock with 5 cups of boiling water.
3. Heat up the oil in a large pot and begin cooking the onion and carrots. Cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
4. Add the squash, stock, salt, pepper, and cumin powder if using.
5. Cover the pot and bring to the boil.
6. Turn the heat down and simmer on a medium heat for 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
7. Using a hand blender (immersion blender) blend the soup to a smooth consistency.
8. Serve with warm bread rolls for a rustic touch. Enjoy.